The Brooklet Mayor and City Council will hold their regular monthly meeting today at the Brooklet City Hall at 104 Church Street. Items on the agenda include a public hearing to discuss the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year Budget.
In unfinished business which was tabled in the May meeting they will discuss and possibly take action on several items including: funding or bids to remodel the police department building, including internal and external repairs; installation of GPS system in vehicles, and; the purchase of security cameras for the City Hall area, police department and public works Department.
In new business the council will discuss and take possible action on: information concerning the gas pump at the public works department; accept a performance review, evaluations and instructions; police physical fitness standards; email for the city of Brooklet-Google apps; city code of ethnics for council members; schedule a called meeting Thursday, June 16, to adopt the Fiscal Year 2014-2015 budget, and; the purchase of cell phones for employees.
Today’s meeting will get underway at 7 p.m. The public is invited to attend and participate.
CITY OF BROOKLET
JUNE 19, 2014
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER: MAYOR HENDRIX
2. INVOCATION: MAYOR HENDRIX
3 MOTION TO ADOPT OR AMEND THE AGENDA.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM MAY 15, 2014.
5. APPROVAL OF MAY 15, 2014 FINANCIAL REPORTS AS PRESENTED.
6. MOTION TO CLOSE THE REGULAR SESSION FOR THE PUROPSE OF :
HOLDING A PUBLIC HEARING. MOTION TO CALL THE PUBLIC HEARING
TO ORDER FOR THE 2014/2015 F Y BUDGET.
- REVIEW AND DISCUSSION OF THE 2014/2015 PROPOSED BUDGET.
- MOTION TO CLOSE THE PUBLIC HEARING TO RETURN TO THE REGULAR SESSION.
- MOTION TO OPEN THE REGULAR SESSION.
7. RECOGNITATION OF GUEST.
8. REPORTS FROM COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. TABLED FROM MAY MEETING: DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION ON FUNDING OR BIDS FOR REMODELING OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT BUILDING, INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL REPAIRS AND REMODELING.
2. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION ON QUOTES FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT COMPUTERS.
3. DISSCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION ON INSTALLATION OF G P S SYSTEM IN VEHICLES.
4. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION TO PURCHASE SECURITY CAMERA’S FOR CITY HALL MAIN OFFICE AREA, POLICE DEPARTMENT, AND PUBLIC WORKS DEPT.
10. NEW BUSINESS.
1. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION ON INFORMATON CONCERNING THE GAS PUMP AT PUBLIC WORKS DEPT.
2. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION TO ACCEPT A PERFORMANCE REVIEW EVALUATION AND INSTRUCTIONS.
3. REVIEW TOBACO POLICY IN ORDER TO REVISE.
4. DISCUSSION ON POLICE PHYSICAL FITNESS STANDARDS
5. EMAIL FOR CITY OF BROOKLET –GOOGLE APPS
6. REVIEW AND DISCUSSION ON THE CITY OF BROOKLET CODE OF ETHICS FOR COUNCIL MEMBERS.
7. MOTION TO HOLD A CALLED MEETING FOR THURSDAY JUNE 26 IN ORDER TO ADOPT THE 2014/2015 F Y BUDGET.
8. DISCUSSION ON CELL PHONES BEING PURCHASED FOR EMPLOYEES.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ON AGENDA ITEMS.
These comments shall be limited to the subject that is being debated. Members of the public may speak for FIVE MINUTES and may speak only once. Anyone wishing to speak at any meeting must be recognized by the mayor before addressing the board.