One of the items on the agenda at tonight’s Brooklet City Council meeting is a proposal to dissolve the city’s 106 year old police department. The job of providing police services would be taken over by the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Department. Both Sheriff Lynn Anderson and Chief Deputy Jared Akins are to address the council about a request they had received to patrol and provide law enforcement for the city.
The proposal is facing opposition from several Brooklet residents who plan to address the issue at tonight’s meeting.
The meeting will get underway at 7 p.m. tonight in the Brooklet City Hall at 104 Church Street.
City of Brooklet
March 20, 2014
1. Call meeting to order: Mayor Hendrix
2. Invocation: Councilman Davis
3 Motion to adopt or amend the agenda.
4. Approval of minutes from February 20, 2014.
5. Approval of February 20, 2014 financial reports as presented.
6. Open discussion concerning a proposal for contractual police services for the town of Brooklet by the Bulloch County Sheriff's office.
7. Recognition of guest.
Mr. Charlie Howell. Questions on police dept.
8. Reports from committee members:
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
10. NEW BUSINESS;
11. MOTION TO ADJOURN THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ON AGENDA ITEMS.
These comments shall be limited to the subject that is being debated. Members of the public may speak for FIVE MINUTES and may speak only once. Anyone wishing to speak at any meeting must be recognized by the mayor before addressing the board.