One of the first items on the agenda is administration of the Oath of Office by Judge Lovett Bennett to the newly elected members, Jim Stanoff, Seat 3, Greg Schlierf, Seat 4 and Tom McElwee, Seat 5.
After that they will hear a request from Michael Newton for the use of the Scout Hut as a meeting location for Alcohol Anonymous.
In New Business:
The council will discuss the contract with All Green Services, LLC, for garbage pickup; permission for a special event for Southeast Bulloch Middle School for the Jacket Jamboree for the soccer team; appointment of council Stanoff to be Safety Coordinator for the city of Brooklet, and; the appointment of Chip Godbee to continue with building inspections.
Other appointments to be made include Mayor Pro-Tem, city attorney, city clerk, city marshall, treasurer, accounting firm, municipal court judge, public defender and prosecutor.
Also appointments to committees for the police, streets, water, finance solid waste/garbage and cemetery departments and Director of Community Affairs.
The council will discuss and possibly take action for road repairs caused by water line repairs and for limb removal in various locations in the city.
Thursday’s meeting will be open for the public to attend.
CITY OF BROOKLET
JANUARY 16, 2014
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER: MAYOR HENDRIX
2. INVOCATION: MAYOR HENDRIX
3. JUDGE LOVETT BENNETT TO ADMINISTER THE “OATH OF OFFICE “TO THE
NEWLY ELECTED MEMBERS. COUNCILMAN JIM STANOFF, COUNCIL SEAT #3. COUNCILMAN GREG SCHLIERF, COUNCIL SEAT #4. AND COUNCILMAN TOM MCELWEE, COUNCIL SEAT # 5.
4. MOTION TO ADOPT OR AMEND THE AGENDA.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM DECEMBER 19, 2013.
6. APPROVAL OF DECEMBER 2013 FINANCIAL REPORTS AS PRESENTED.
7. RECOGNITION OF GUEST.
1. MICHAEL NEWTON; TO REQUEST THE USE OF THE SCOUT HUT FOR THE PURPOSE OF HOLDING AA MEETINGS.
8. REPORTS FROM COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. REVIEW OF PAPERWORK REQUIRING EMPLOYEE SIGNATURES.
10. NEW BUSINESS;
1. DISCUSSION AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONTRACT WITH ALL GREEN SERVICES, LLC (Garbage pick up).
2. DISCUSSION AND PERMISSION FOR A SPECIAL EVENT FOR SOUTHEAST BULLOCH MIDDLE SCHOOL FOR THE JACKET JAMBOREE. (soccer team).
3. APPOINTMENT OF COUNCILMAN STANOFF TO BE “SAFETY COORDINATOR FOR THE CITY OF BROOKLET.
4. APPOINTMENT OF CHIP GODBEE TO CONTINUE WITH BUILDING INSPECTIONS.
4. MAYOR AND COUNCIL TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING APPOINTMENTS FOR THE YEAR 2014.
1. CHARTER-SECTION 2-7, the City Council shall at its first meeting after the election, elect one of its members as Mayor Pro-Tem.
2. CHARTER SECTION 3-8 Appointment of a City Attorney.
3. CHARTER SECTION 3-9 Appointment of a City Clerk.
4. CHATERT SECTION 3-9 Appointment of a City Marshall.
5. CHARTER SECTION 3-10 Appointment of a City Treasurer.
6. CHARTER SECTION 3-11 Appointment of an Accounting Firm.
7. CHARTER SECTION 4-02 Appointment of a Municipal Court Judge.
8. Appointment of a Public Defender
9. Appointment of a Prosecutor.
10. CHARTER SECTION 2-09 Appointment of Council Committees.
Community Development Director
11. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION FOR ROAD REPAIRS DUE TO WATER LINE REPAIRS.
12. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION FOR LIMB REMOVAL IN VARIOUS LOCATIONS.
13. MOTION TO ADJOURN THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ON AGENDA ITEMS.
These comments shall be limited to the subject that is being debated. Members of the public may speak for FIVE MINUTES and may speak only once. Anyone wishing to speak at any meeting must be recognized by the mayor before addressing the board.