The meeting will get underway at 7:00 P M at City Hall, 104 Church Street.
Among the items on the agenda is the approval of July financial reports. However, if the auditors have not finalized he 2012/2013 budgets the presentation of the July 2013 reports will be delayed until a called meeting August 29.
Paul Nesmith and Jimmy Baker will address the Brooklet city council to discuss a request to hold an annual cornhole tournament in Brooklet. Proceeds from the tournament will go to charity.
Following reports from committee members and any unfinished business, in new business the council will discuss and possibly move to hold a called meeting at 6 p.m. August 29 to set the millage rate for 2013 property taxes.
That will be followed by adjournment.
The council also invites everyone to attend the annual Brooklet Peanut Festival this Saturday. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. followed by a full day of music, arts and crafts, tractor races, all sorts of live entertainment, food and, of course, plenty of peanuts.
Full agenda below.
CITY OF BROOKLET
AUGUST 15, 2013
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER: MAYOR HENDRIX
2. INVOCATION: MAYOR HENDRIX
3. MOTION TO ADOPT OR AMEND THE AGENDA.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM JULY 18, 2013 MEETING.
5. APPROVAL OF JULY FINANCIAL REPORTS AS PRESENTED. IF THE AUDITORS HAVE NOT FINALIZED THE 2012/2013 BUDGETS, WE WILL HAVE TO PRESENT THE JULY 2013 REPORTS AT THE CALLED MEETING ON AUGUST 29TH .
6. RECOGNITION OF GUEST.
MR.PAUL NESMITH AND MR. JIMMY BAKER DISCUSSION AND REQUEST TO HOLD AN ANNUAL CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT IN THE TOWN OF BROOKLET FOR CHARITY.
7. REPORTS FROM COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
8. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
9. NEW BUSINESS;
1. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION TO HOLD A CALLED MEETING ON AUGUST 29, 2013 BEGINNING AT 6:00 PM FOR THE PURPOSE OF SETTING THE MILLAGE RATE FOR THE 2013 PROPERTY TAXES.
10. MOTION TO ADJOURN THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ON AGENDA ITEMS.
These comments shall be limited to the subject that is being debated. Members of the public may speak for FIVE MINUTES and may speak only once. Anyone wishing to speak at any meeting must be recognized by the mayor before addressing the board.