The mayor and Brooklet City Council will hold their regular meeting today at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 104 Church Street.
Following reports from committee members, councilmen Newman, Smith, Davis, Orr and Stanoff and Chief Duncan and attorney Hunter, the council will turn their attention to other items.
In unfinished business the council will discuss and possibly make motions on a couple of items…plans for the Jones building and finalizing the easement agreement from Brooklet Crossing LLC to serve the Brooklet landfill.
Plans are to close the regular session in order to hold a public hearing to review and discuss the 2013-14 proposed budget. A special meeting to adopt the budget has been called for Thursday, June 27, one week from today, at 6 p.m. at the Brooklet City Hall. The council will then resume their regular meeting.
The public will be given an opportunity to speak. Comments will limited to five minutes and only on the subject being debated. Anyone wishing to speak at any meeting must be recognized by the mayor before addressing the board.
CITY OF BROOKLET
JUNE 20, 2013
1. CALL MEETING TO ORDER: MAYOR HENDRIX
2. INVOCATION: COUNCILMAN SMITH
3. MOTION TO ADOPT OR AMEND THE AGENDA.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM MAY 16, 2013 MEETING.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM MAY 22, 2013 AND MAY 30, 2013 CALLED MEETINGS.
5. APPROVAL OF MAY FINANCIAL REPORTS AS PRESENTED.
6. RECOGNITION OF GUEST.
7. REPORTS FROM COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
8. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION ON PLANS FOR THE JONES BLDG.
2. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE MOTION TO FINALIZE THE EASEMENT AGREEMENT FROM BROOKLET CROSSING TO
SERVE BROOKLET LANDFILL.
9. NEW BUSINESS;
10. MOTION TO CLOSE THE REGULAR SESSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF HOLDING A PUBLIC HEARING.
1. REVIEW AND DISCUSSION OF THE 2013/2014 PROPOSED BUDGET.
A SPECIAL MEETING IS SCHEDULED AND ADVERTISED TO ADOPT
THE BUDGET AT A CALLED MEETING ON THURSDAY JUNE 27, 2013.
THE MEETING WILL BE HELD AT 6:00 PM AT CITY HALL.
11. MOTION TO CLOSE THE PUBLIC HEARING AND OPEN THE REGULAR SESSION.
12. MOTION TO ADJOURN THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION ON AGENDA ITEMS.
These comments shall be limited to the subject that is being debated. Members of the public may speak for FIVE MINUTES and may speak only once. Anyone wishing to speak at any meeting must be recognized by the mayor before addressing the board.